Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You're Not Going Out Like That!!

The thing with fashion is that to really understand it, and to have it be effective, you can't make mistakes. And yes there are plenty of people who make mistakes. I mean I am a mom and on more than one occasion I have committed fashion suicide. But there are a few things that NO ONE should ever, ever do! and yes, this will be making fun of people so if you chose to not read any farther that is quite all right. But if you are about to read on farther I am sure you will get a giggle. :)


Sandals With Socks: This completely defeats the purpose of the sandal. If you are going to wear socks, remind yourself to not put on a sandal, cause you will look ridiculous and I will make sure you know it!

Tennis Shoes Without Socks: I don't get this! Really people? This why some smart person created no show socks!! If you choose to do this and I catch you. You can stay far, far away from me.

When Your Toes Hang Off of Your Flip Flops/Sandals:  BUY A NEW PAIR OF FREAKING SHOES!!! I think that's all I can say about that.

Mini Skirts With Ugg Boots: Personally, I don't see this as a fashion statement at all. If you have to wear Uggs with your skirt, chances are it's too cold to wear the skirt and go put on some pants.

Belly Shirts: Not cute on any one. And It often seems the people who have bellies, are the only ones who wear these. GROSS!!!

Leggings On Bigger Folks:  I'm not sure how to be anything but un-polite about this one. Don't do it. I would appreciate not seeing your rolls, crack, or camel toe. KTHANKS.


Highwater Pants:  These are no considered "ankle jeans". They make you look ridiculous and it means THEY DON'T FIT!!!



I am sure we could all go on and one about things we see they people shouldn't wear. It's really out of control. Feel free to add your own, and if you see someone committing these huge mistakes, be a good samaritan and let them know!

3 comments:

  1. You basically just rock. And I agree with every. Single. One. Of these.
    Especially the ankle-sucker jeans. I totally banned my mom from wearing them about eight years ago.

    How about...SWEAT STAINS? Like seriously...can you NOT SEE THEM as you're putting your shirt on?! Throw it out and buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you for saying all of this. The Ugg boots one kills me...if it's cold enough to wear boots, IT'S COLD ENOUGH FOR PANTS.

    And the socks with sandals makes me cringe. They're never just little socks, they're full-on up-the-calf tube socks. Why?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pit stains. Gag!! The high waters are not cool. The ankle jeans, which are a very cute skinny jean that stop at the ankles totally work! Highwaters make you look like white trash. <3

    ReplyDelete