Wednesday, November 30, 2011

They Totally Taste D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T

The other night I went out with friends to a restaurant and, granted this happens EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I go out, I was eating ranch dressing with some fries and thinking to myself " Why does restaurant ranch taste so much better than at home?!"

I totally don't understand this concept and I turned to both my friend and my cousin to ask them if they thought the ranch here tasted different than what we tend to put in our refridgerators. The reason you ask? HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH SUCKS!!! I hate it, it tastes gross and my family thinks I am nuts, but it tastes awful. The fact is, I steal ranch dressing from restaurants all the time just so I can have it at home. So after asking around and pretty much taking a vote about this ranch dressing everyone agreed that the ranch at restaurants is way better. Most of said we hated Hidden Valley, and even I, will buy generic ranch dressing just because that tastes better too.


So I am not going to lie here, I spent a good half hour yesterday, or on my lunch break at work, Googling homemade ranch dressing recipes. I am seriously thinking about making my own and perfecting it. It seems pretty easy and if it tastes better than Hidden Valley, I am totally down for the challenge!

If you can't tell the difference between the ranch dressings and you are reading this thinking I am dumb, I will you this THEY ARE DIFFERENT, THEY TASTE DIFFERENT AND THERE IS NO DENYING IT. So now, I must continue to Google ranch recipes and soon develope my own so I NEVER have to use Hidden Valley again.




ADDED***
Shortly after posting this blog me and my friend Anne found an AMAZING recipe for making Chili's Ranch Dressing, So I made it and it's currently setting in the fridge. Here is the recipe for those followers who want it! Mind you I added an ingredient but everything is pretty close to the recipe I got.



CHILI'S RANCH DRESSING:

  • 1/4 cup Mayo ( I used Best Foods cause I already had it, just make sure NOT to use Miracle Whip)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
  • 1 tablespoon milk ( I used 2%, but the recipe called for buttermilk, I say use whatever floats your boat)
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon basil ( this was not in the original recipe but was in another I looked at, so I added it.)
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper ( I am a pepper freak so feel free to change that to your liking) 

Directions:

  1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dill pickle juice in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Add in buttermilk.
  3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
  4. Chill for about 30 minutes.
  5. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I WILL NEVER HAVE TO BUY HIDDEN VALLEY AGAIN!

    PS - the ranch dressing at Fox and Hound the other night was super delicious, but I wish it would've been thicker! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes that was delicious as well! To thicken up your dressing, put sour cream in it! That's what I've read! <3

    ReplyDelete