Sunday, December 4, 2011

I do.

There are like 3 tangents I could go off on before I even start this blog and list my reasons of why no one should ever get divorced, and honestly, I think you have to hear at least two to understand where I am coming from. Are you ready? Okay!

Okay, so the first is that I am a court transcriber and recently I have had to type up and listen to a few court cases that involve divorces. All sorts of divorces... Nice ones, Military ones, and pure NASTY ones. People are god AWFUL, and yet it makes me laugh!

TWO, I was just watching Teen Mom 2 ( which will be whole other blog at a different date and time) and it was last season's finale with the wedding of Leah and Corey. If you don't follow this, they are divorced now! WTF? Really. And it's not just them in reality TV who have gotten divorced recently, we can add Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, and anyone else you can think of while you are reading this you can add in your head.


ANYWAYS... The point of this is why get divorced?! Or if you don't think it's going to work, why even get married? This is pure common sense, and I think these days people are getting married because of the social stigma ( or money depending on who you are) more than actually loving the person they are with. I am getting married in 2 and half weeks and I must say I am so excited. We work as a team and he's seriously my BEST FRIEND. That's how it should be.  Following are several reasons you should not get married are reasons people get divorced:


1. Your Spouse is Suicidal or Homocidal: Yes, I have done a transcript about this. If your spouse is either one of/ both of these. RED EFFIN' FLAG.

2. Money: If you are marrying someone for their  money you might as well jsut sign the divorce papers along with your marriage license.

3. Military: Oh goodness, don't marry someone just because they are in the military. You have no idea what you are doing. If you love them and they happen to be in the military, go for it <3


Getting divorces are costly people, it's not worth it, and it's selfish! I've listened to enough cases to know that things get nasty, people don't like to share and you are bound to be worse off than you were before. Wait for the right person to come along and enjoy your marriage. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Divorce is such an easy way "out" these days, it takes away from the seriousness and meaning of marriage in the first place. That being said though, there are a million reasons for divorce, and while divorce is NEVER easy, sadness-free or painless, it's sometimes the only option (I'm thinking about my dad and a few family members on that).

    You don't need to worry though...you and Josh will be just fine! <3

    ReplyDelete